Cloudflare change my domain nameservers

6 posts in this topic

Dear,

I activated Cloudflare with my new domain. In the panel it is written "Please ensure your website is using the nameservers provided". 

How can I update my servernames to be able to use cloudflare?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Boris 

Hi Boris,

In which panel? At CloudFlare? We recommend that you activate through cPanel and do not update the nameservers as that also affects email etc. Updating through cPanel will update DNS on our nameservers and only update the required DNS settings to run CloudFlare on that particular part of your domain.

If you change to CloudFlare's nameservers you should at least consider all the other records in the DNS zone before you do that.

In cPanel --> CloudFlare I got the enclosed screen. 

I've activated it last Monday so it should be ok. 

cloudflare.PNG

Hi again,

I see why you are getting that. We have disabled the option for "full" on all servers as that is not a good option for our clients and most of the time it's not what the client really wants. However an update of the CloudFlare plugin has enabled it again even if it shouldn't. We are now working on disabling it on all servers again and they should all be updated in the next 12 hours.

We recommend that you click the button in the bottom of the page to "Remove domain from CloudFlare", and then choose the CNAME method instead. This way you don't have to change anything yourself. Do you find it?

Hei

It seems it is working now. I will do some networking tests. 

Thank you and have a good day.

Boris 

Hi again,

Thank you for checking and confirming.

You're welcome! Likewise and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with :)